The much-awaited United Nations report on the assassination of Benazir Bhutto has finally been released. After delays and various hindrances in the formation of the report which includes a request from the Pakistan Government to stall the release, we find that the report has stated the obvious. As MQM leader Babur Ghauri has articulated, our very own intelligence and police officials could have conjured the findings of the committee. With a cost touching nearly Rs.200 million rupees, the committee searching for the perpetrators handed us a hefty bill.
I am may be dissatisfied with the result or findings of the UN report, but I would request the government to bring those who murdered our revered leader to justice. I have forgotten where I was reading, but the author had stated that if the current government led by the husband of Benazir Bhutto passes up the opportunity of finding Bhutto’s killers, we may never give the assassins the response they deserve. Mr. Zardari has three children, one who is the Chairperson of his political party. Regardless of the Bhutto legacy, regardless of the fact that he is President only due to the death of Ms. Bhutto, Zardari owes it to his three children and the country that he finds the assassin of their mother. Now that the money to the UN has been paid and the dust has settled, I would like to see some results and actions of the high price Pakistan taxpayers have paid.
- @mehreenzahra Zahir Jaffer mentions his US citizenship and request for a lawyer in this clip https://t.co/ZIbe8p4hzo 9 hours ago
- Overwhelmed with pride and joy- my mother walks as part of the Pakistan Olympic squad in #TokyoOlympics at the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- It’s going Rome! 1 week ago
- @pishipotty @emirates Thanks! Checking this option right now 3 weeks ago
- Ticket pricing for a one-way ticket from the US to Pakistan have soared. @Emirates currently only having a busines… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago